According to our recent survey on how HR and learning management best practices impact nursing excellence, 54% of healthcare organizations rely on a learning management system to offer more professional development opportunities to their nurses. However, the other 46% are either not using their system effectively or they're still relying on a manual process to deliver and track education for their nurses. Meanwhile, as a healthcare learning administrator, helping your education and nursing leadership team improve your nurses' professional development might seem like an ambitious goal if you're still buried in files and paperwork trying to keep track of your employees' basic education requirements. Furthermore, besides tracking employee education, if you're still tracking your healthcare organization's mandatory training requirements for The Joint Commission and OSHA with pencil and paper or struggling with an LMS that's difficult to use, you may want to consider a new system.
Since tracking employee education requirements and organizational compliance requires constant vigilance and significant amounts of record keeping, implementing an easy-to-use LMS can help you prepare for a visit from a regulatory body and go beyond delivering the minimum education requirements to your employees, which should contribute to better patient care and increase employee engagement.
If you're considering implementing an LMS for the first time or deciding on a new one, here are eight questions to consider as you evaluate different systems: