Healthcare is a tricky business: On the one hand, your mission is clear and obvious — provide the best quality, patient-centered care possible — on the other, it’s a significantly difficult mission to execute against.
Of all the things that affect the quality of care your healthcare organization provides, your people are the most important. Good candidates lead to engaged employees and, as a result, better quality care. Making a less-than-quality hire, and therefore a less-than-engaged employee, can have devastating affects on patient outcomes. Research suggests that hospitals risk nearly $1 million per year based on poor HCAHPS scores — something an engaged workforce can help combat.
In order to provide better care, you need to foster an engaged workforce — and the first step is understanding how engaged your workforce is to begin with. You need to take it’s pulse.
Take our quiz to find out if your organization is engaged and thriving or if you’re on the verge of flat lining.
- How to Provide More Meaningful Performance Appraisals
- 6 Ways Performance Management Technology Supports Internal Customers
- Mentoring & Coaching: The Link Between Continuous Feedback and Employee Performance
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Implementing a Performance Management System
- How to Better Manage Employee Performance and Achieve Quality Care